Acceptable Use Policy
Valid from 01.01.2008
This Acceptable Use Policy (the “Policy”) sets out the rules governing the submission of user content (“Content”) to our website at nta.co.uk (the “Website”).
By using our Website, you accept the terms of this Policy / Before you can post or upload Content, we will ask you to expressly accept the terms of this Policy.
You must not use our Website in any way that causes or may cause, damage to the Website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the Website, or any of the areas of, or services on, the Website.
You must not use our Website:
- in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent, or harmful;
- in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent, or harmful purpose or activity.
Unlawful and illegal material
You must not use our Website to store, host, copy, distribute, display, publish, transmit or send Content that is illegal or unlawful, or which will or may infringe a third party’s legal rights, or which could give rise to legal action whether against you or us or a third party (in each case under any applicable law).
Content (and its publication on the Website) must not:
- be libelous or maliciously false;
- be obscene or indecent;
- infringe any copyright, moral rights, database rights, trademark rights, design rights, rights in passing off, or other intellectual property rights;
- infringe any rights of confidence, rights of privacy, or rights under data protection legislation;
- constitute negligent advice or contain any negligent statement;
- constitute an incitement to commit a crime;
- be in contempt of any court, or in breach of any court order;
- be in breach of discrimination legislation;
- be in breach of official secrets legislation;
- be in breach of any contractual obligation owed to any person.
You must not submit any Content that is or has ever been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaints.
Content must not depict violence in an explicit, graphic, or gratuitous manner. Content must not be pornographic or sexually explicit, or consist of or include explicit, graphic, or gratuitous material of a sexual nature.
Content must not consist of or contain any instructions, advice, or other information which may be acted upon and could if acted upon, cause:
- illness, injury, or death;
- any other loss or damage.
You must not use the Website to promote or distribute any viruses, Trojans, worms, rootkits, spyware, adware, or any other harmful software, programs, routines, applications, or technologies.
You must not use the Website to promote or distribute any software, programs, routines, applications, or technologies that will or may negatively affect the performance of a computer or introduce significant security risks to a computer.
Marketing and spam
You must not without our prior written permission use our Website for any purposes related to marketing, advertising, promotion, or the supply and/or sale of goods and/or services.
Content must not constitute spam.
You must not use our Website to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications.
You must not use our Website to market, distribute or post chain letters or pyramid schemes, or similar material.
Content must be appropriate, civil, tasteful and accord with generally accepted standards of etiquette and behaviour on the internet.
Content must not be offensive, deceptive, threatening, abusive, harassing, or menacing, hateful, discriminatory, or inflammatory.
Content should not cause annoyance, inconvenience, or needless anxiety.
Do not flame or conduct flame wars on our Website (“flaming” is the sending hostile messages intended to insult, in particular where the message is directed at a particular person or group of people).
Do not troll on our Website (“trolling” is the practice of deliberately upsetting or offending other users).
You must not flood our Website with Content focusing upon one particular subject or subject area, whether alone or in coordination with other users.
Content must not duplicate existing Content on our Website.
Do not unnecessarily submit textual content in CAPITAL LETTERS.
You must not link to any website or web page containing material that would be it posted on the Website, breach the preceding terms of this Policy.
Breaches of this Policy
We reserve the right to edit or remove any Content in our sole discretion for any reason, without notice or explanation.
Without prejudice to this general right, if you breach this Policy in any way, or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached this Policy in any way, we may:
- delete or edit any of your Content;
- send you one or more formal warnings;
- temporarily suspend your access to a part or all of the Website;
- permanently prohibit you from using a part or all of the Website;
- block computers using your Internet Protocol address from accessing the Website;
- contact your internet services provider and request that they block your access to the Website; and/or
- bring court proceeding against you for breach of contract or otherwise.
Where we suspend or prohibit your access to the Website or a part of the Website, you must not take any action to circumvent such suspension or prohibition (including without limitation using a different account).
Notwithstanding the provisions of this Policy, we do not actively monitor Content. If you become aware of any material on the Website which contravenes this Policy, please notify us by email.
This Policy will be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.